I’ve been meaning to share some Gold standard wedding vows from some of my recent weddings and some Tips!! Don’t be freaked out by writing your Vows because I hear this a lot, “Where the heck do I start Becky!!” That might be because you’ve heard terrible Vows at other weddings. However I supply all of my couples with a gem of samples and here’s a few Tips below:
- I’m here to tell you to keep it real. We don’t want to hear anyone but You laying it down to your life partner.
- Speak authentically in your own language, is there really any other option!?
- Keep it Sweet, don’t drag them out to 2 pages worth, find that right equilibrium that isn’t too short but not too long.
- Best not to Google your Vows, they will be average.
- I can do the ‘Repeat After Me’ scenario if you wish, but I think it’s nicer if I print your Vows to read from in the ceremony.
- There’s no Right or Wrong here. Write a love letter, list some promises, create a poem or just tell us how it is!!!!
- If you’re going to keep it a surprise from each other, send them through and I can measure them up for Vibe & Content.Here is an example of just one person’s vows to get you thinking….
“I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together.
With my whole heart, I take you as my husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine.
I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family’s love and happiness my priority.
I will be yours in plenty and in want, even though your feet aren’t so sweet and you snore!
I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life,
today and always.”